This is one of the recipe that I liked and ate very frequently during my childhood. Kids like plain , simple, Colorful,not too much things in our food and I am not an exception. I like only poriyal with Nothing but just single vegetable with Salt and Chilly pd, i won't touch a vegetable if 2 or more vegetable is in the same recipe. If it's carrot poriyal it should only have carrot not beans not coconut , very basic .And the go to rice is curd rice not a fan of any curries too.And I remember carrot poriyal and curd rice is one of my frequent meal in my lunch box.But to my surprise I have been cooking for past 8 years and I never made this poriyal once .Today is the first time I made with the intention of making my kid eat carrot , i made it so he can hand pick and eat by himself. I am not sure if that goes like what I intended but I enjoyed this poriyal with Curd rice with lot of memories from my school time lunch period.Definitely will try this more and more ,if not for me at least for my kid (pun intended)..So enjoy the simple, not too many ingredient carrot poriyal recipe .......

Ingredients :

Carrots - Sliced into rounds 2 cups
Coconut oil - 1 tsp
Curry leaf - 1 sprig
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as needed
Chilly pd - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric pd - 1/2 tsp
Optional : Instead of Chilly pd you can use sambar pd, rasam pd, or any curry pd, gotsu pd but use 1/2 tsp for a subtle taste.

Method :

1.Take a pan and add oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaf once mustard seeds splutter add carrot.
2.Then add turmeric pd, Chilly pd, salt and mix and cover and keep in low flame for 15 min, till carrot is soft and cooked.
3.As you covered and cooked on low flame you may see some water , that's ok, I'd carrot is not cooked add 2 tbsp of water and again cover and cook on low flame for extra 10min.
4.Once carrot is cooked open and saute it it medium flame till all moisture is gone and carrot gets caramelized and become little crisp.
5.Serve this with Curd /Yogurt rice.