Usually if i make any fish recipe I will choose only three or four styles which is based on kerela recipe which I have had from my childhood.So I thought why not for a change look for some other recipe.Even though i remember me noting lot of fish recipe at the moment when I was about to make I couldn't remember anything.So with the intention of hunting for a recipe I found this Malabar recipe which I couldn't ignore. YES, I know it's a kerela recipe.The recipe looked so good I couldn't skip and the end result was awesome too.So what, one more kerela fish recipe to add to my list,well if it's tasty what to say.So next time may be I will find a non- Kerela fish recipe but till then let me enjoy this Malabar recipe.

Ingredients :

Shrimps - 20 nos
Small onion(preferred) / Onion(will do) - 1/2 cup sliced
Tomato / tomato paste - 1 tomato
Green chillies - 4
Curry leaf - 1 sprig
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp each
Coconut oil - 2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 5 no
Turmeric pd - 1 tsp
Chilly pd - 1 tsp
Coriander pd - 1 tsp
Garam Masala pd - 1/2 tsp
Salt - as needed
Tamarind paste - 1 tsp

To roast in oil and grind:

Coconut oil - 1 tsp
Coconut shredded - 1/4 cup
Fennel - 1 tsp
Garlic cloves - 3 sliced
Small onion (preferred) / Onion (will do) - 1/4 cup sliced
Curry leaf - 5 leaf
Turmeric pd - 1/4 tsp
Roast all these in slow flame and ground it to a fine paste with water.

Method :

1.Take a pan add oil then add fenugreek seeds, then add onions , green chillies, turmeric.

2.Once onions are translucent add ginger garlic paste, then once they are sautéed add tomatoes or tomato paste and add Chilly pd, coriander pd, garam masala pd and add water and saute them thoroughly. 

3.Then add shrimp and saute it for a min and then add tamarind paste , salt and  needed water and cover and cook till shrimps are cooked.

4.Then add ground paste and mix and cover and cook in slow flame for 15 min.

5.Then finally garnish with coriander leaves.