Aspagarus Sauteed With Garlic
Tips for Preparing and Cooking
Tips for Preparing Asparagus
Thin asparagus does not require peeling. Asparagus with thick stems should be peeled because the stems are usually tough and stringy. Remove the tough outer skin of the bottom portion of the stem (not the tips) with a vegetable peeler. Wash asparagus under cold water to remove any sand or soil residues. It is best to cook asparagus whole.
The Healthiest Way of Cooking Asparagus
Of all of the cooking methods of cooking asparagus,best one is Healthy Sauté. It provides the greatest flavor and is also a method that allows for concentrated nutrient retention.
To Healthy Sauté asparagus, heat 5 TBS of broth (vegetable or chicken) or water in a stainless steel skillet. Once bubbles begin to form add whole asparagus, cover, and Healthy Sauté for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and toss with Dressing.
If you want to cut asparagus into small pieces, it is best to cut them after they are cooked. Asparagus can be served hot or cold.
How to Enjoy
A Few Quick Serving Ideas
- Add cold asparagus to your favorite salad.
- Toss freshly cooked pasta with asparagus, olive oil and your favorite pasta spices. The best combination are thyme, tarragon and rosemary.
- Chopped asparagus make a flavorful and colorful addition to omelets.
- Healthy saute asparagus with garlic, shiitake mushrooms and tofu or chicken for a complete meal.
Ingredients:Asparagus - 1 Large Bunch of , bottom 2 inches trimmed off
Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
Parmiggiano Reggiano - ¼ cup of Freshly Grated
Salt and Pepper to taste
Method:1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2)Place the asparagus in a single layer on a large baking sheet and toss them around in the olive oil.
3) Season with salt and pepper and pop them in the oven and let them roast for 10 to 12 minutes.
4) Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top. Place them back in the oven and let them roast for 2 more minutes.
Serve with a squeeze of lemon.