About Butter Chicken:
Butter chicken or murgh makhani is a classic Indian recipe.
Many versions of the recipe exist, typically dressed chicken (with or without bones) is marinated overnight in a yogurt and spicemixture usually including garam masala, ginger, garlic paste, lemon or lime, pepper, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili. The chicken is traditionally cooked in a tandoor, but can also be grilled, roasted or pan fried. The sauce is made by heating and mixing butter,tomato puree, Khoa and various spices, often including cumin, cloves, cinnamon, coriander, pepper, fenugreek and fresh cream.Cashew paste can also be added, and will make the gravy thicker. Of all the spices added to the dish it is dried fenugreek leaves (Urdu/Hindi: Qasuri Methi) that makes the greatest contribution to the characteristic flavour of the dish. Once the sauce is prepared, the prepared chicken is chopped and cooked until the gravy and chicken have blended. The dish may be garnished with white butter, fresh cream, sliced green chillies and Qasuri Methi. Butter chicken is usually served with naan, roti, parathas, roomali roti or steamed rice.
For Marination:Chicken Thighs - 1 lb or 1/2 kg
GingerGarlic Paste - 1 tsp each
Salt - 1 tsp
Kasoori Methi - 1 tbsp,crushed
Chilly Pd - 2 tsp
Coriander pd - 2 tsp
Meat Tenderiser - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Method:Mix all above and let it sit for atleast 15 to 20 min.
Put this in a grill tray and put it in oven in broiler mode for 15 to 20 min ,turn sides of chicken in middle
For Gravy:Oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1 Medium Size chopped.
Green chillies - 2 no
Turmeric Pd - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp each
Tomatoes - 3 no
Coriander Pd - 2 tsp
Chilly pd - 2 tsp
Kasoori Methi - 1 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
Shah Jeera / Black cumin - 1 tsp
RedColor - a pinch
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
Cream - 1/2 cup
- Heat a pan ,once its hot add oil.
- Then add onion and green chillies.Add salt to help onions get cook faster.
- Then add turmeric Pd and ginger garlic paste ,saute it well till raw smell is gone.
- Then add tomatoes ,saute it till the tomatoes are half done.
- Then add Coriander pd,chilly pd,Kasoori methi and saute well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water if spices are getting little dry and let it come to boil
- Remove this from heat and grind this to a fine puree.
- Add water if necessary.
- Take a clean pan and heat it.
- Add Butter, once it melts add shah jeera,wait till it splutters.
- Add the pureed mixture to the pan and keep flame low,it may splutter.
- Add red color now,once it starts to boil add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add sugar and Do a taste check.
- Add Tomato Ketchup , cream ,then switch off the flame.
- Transfer to a serving dish.