Bruschetta (Italian pronunciation: [bruˈsketta]) is an antipasto from Italy consisting of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil, salt and pepper. Variations may include toppings of tomato, vegetables, beans, cured meat, or cheese; the most popular recipe outside of Italy involves basil, fresh tomato, garlic and onion or mozzarella. Bruschetta is usually served as a snack or appetizer. In some countries, a topping of chopped tomato, olive oil and herbs is sold as bruschetta.
In Italy, bruschetta is often prepared using a brustolina grill. In the Abruzzo region of Italy a variation of bruschetta made with a salami called ventricina is served. Raw pork products and spices encased in pig bladder are aged and the paste spread on open slices of bread which are sometimes grilled. This was a way of salvaging bread that was going stale. In Tuscany it is called fettunta and it is usually served without toppings, especially in November, to taste the very first oil of the season.
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Ingredients:4 Large slices of Italian bread
4 Thin Slices of chicken breast
Spinach 1 cup
2 Tbsp of fresh parsley
2 tsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
¼ cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to Taste
1 Clove of Garlic, peeled
Garlic pd - 1 tsp
Method:Season chicken with garlic pd,salt and pepper....
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Place the bread slices on the baking sheet .
3) Drizzle the bread with a little olive oil and sprinkle the herb mixture evenly over the top of the bread. Scatter over the cheese and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes or until the bread is crispy.
4) In a large skillet add 1 tbsp of oil and grill chicken until its cooked completely....keep it aside...
5)In the same skillet add spinach and cook them till they curl up....keep aside...
5) In a large skillet and add 1 tbsp of olive oil, add the eggs and cook them for about 2 to minutes or until the eggs are basically all set but the yolk is still a bit runny.
6) Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
To assemble, top each piece of bread with a piece of chicken,some spinach top that with the egg. Enjoy!